- Here is my protein list:
- egg white or egg substitutes
- chicken breast
- turkey breast
- lean ground turkey breast
- bluefish
- cod crab
- flounder
- grouper
- haddock
- halibut
- mackerel
- mahi-mahi
- orange roughy
- pike
- pollack
- red snapper
- salmon
- scallops
- shrimp
- sole
- swordfish
- tuna
- fat-free cottage cheese
- protein powder
Fat-free cottage cheese is great because it contains casein, a milk protein that moves through the body slowly and satiates your appetite. Casein is also very high in amino acids that support muscle tissue and prevent its breakdown. Egg Beaters are another great source of protein. They are egg substitutes that look just like scrambled eggs.
There are some sources of protein I will avoid. Beef is way overconsumed in this country. If I need my meat fix, I will only choose the leanest cuts. I also limit fatty sources of protein, including beef, pork, lamb, and other meats products, because of their high content of unhealthy saturated fats.

No comments:
Post a Comment